Monday 20 May 2013

It’s all about the FACE. The most important part of our body .We all expect our face to look beautiful and flawless.

Not everybody has a charismatic face or born beautiful by birth. But I am sure every face is this world wants to have its best look always. Those who don’t have good looks or actually believe that they are not good looking adopt different ways to improve their looks. Whether it’s Botox, injections, implants, plastic surgery, laser treatments, liposuction and the list goes on. Lot of people do achieve their dream looks by going under the knife but we all know these shortcuts to beauty are always short and can’t sustain for longer period. This blog is not to discuss about pros and cons of these beauty short cuts but a humble request to those who are planning for these beauty treatments that WAIT!!

There are other natural and inexpensive ways to get those adorable looks. I will not claim that all of them suits to everybody but I am sure that everybody can try them because they don’t have any side effects. All skin types, all face structure can try them easily at home without any expense and without any fear of going wrong.

Facial beauty is not only about the white skin but the shine and glow on the face. I always believe that to look good we need to feel good. Beauty not only lies in eyes of beholder but also in your own eyes. We need to feel confident about our own self and our looks. I was not born beautiful but somehow I love the way I look and always try to improve my looks. I know make up can change it all. Though, I apply once in a while but I am not a huge fan of makeup. Somehow I always believe that anybody can look beautiful with painted face but real beauty is when you can praise your face without makeup and have confidence to walk out without an inch of it. I leave for my office daily with just a lip balm and it gives me immense pleasure when people compliment my skin and my face.

I remember my beauty regime was all set by my mom when I was only 14.Surprisingly, it only consist of all left overs from my moms kitchen. I know it’s hard to believe, but it all started with a slice of tomato, potato, cucumber, bread. Or lemon peel, left over milk, cream and other ingredients which cooking includes. I never use to get bore or feel lazy because every day it’s something different to apply to my skin and I eagerly wait to see how it will rejuvenate my skin. Today also I follow it as daily ritual but sometimes I tend to forget  or miss and  just clean my face by fresh water .But, it never takes toll on my skin .I have grown up cleaning , exfoliating , moisturising my face with all  kitchen  stuff so I can never rely on any cosmetic products .Lot of people swear by market advertised face products but no one can assure benefits of these products and that it will live up to expectations of all .I am not against them but my only question is why to try some artificial solution when there are whole lot of natural remedies.

I don’t remember my granny talking about lipstick or gloss ever but I adore her blushing pink lips .Time has changed and there is more pollution and stress and other hazards which can affect our facial looks and skin immensely but the remedies remains the same. We just need to keep faith that it might take more time but it will work.

The fact that our skin reveal what we eat holds true but believe it or not our skin also shows what we apply on it .Few skin problems need medical attention but most of them can be treated at home.

I thought of jotting down my experience with my skin and share it with all others who love their face and expect it to look its best even when they age.

So here starts the journey to FACE EXPECTATION …What we expect and what our face expect from us !!

There is no goal to achieve but a habit to inculcate …..

We never forget to brush our teeth in morning because its part of our daily do’s. So few daily chores are necessary for our face to look fresh and young.

·         At night sleep tight for 8 hours. Sound sleep of 8 hours is very important to feel and  
          look fresh the next day.
·         Daily intake of 7-8 glasses of water is very important to keep you skin hydrated.

·         Intake of any two fruits you like in a day.

·         Two portions of any veggies you like.

·         One portion of milk or yogurt every day.

·         15 minutes of any form of daily exercise.


Also, never take any tension of anything. Nothing is more important in this world more than your own self.
For normal humans, its not possible to adapt everything in a day .I started with baby steps.One step at a time. Start with what you like most or if you don’t have any, choose something which you can adapt with not much difficulty. When I initially started I have no particular choice so I opted for eating two fruits daily and now it’s part of my daily diet. I like taking care of my face and my skin. This is what I enjoy doing for myself.

It’s perfectly normal if you miss out on something’s once in a while. Don’t forget that it’s not a goal you are trying to achieve instead developing a habit for your own self.


Do let me know what you started with J


In my next post i will share few easy and quick tips for eye care.






8 comments:

  1. Good read.
    Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn's line - " Happy Girls Are The Prettiest! ".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job poorva. In my opinion in sophisticated society a little make up is essential. But without natural skin care and good skin make up looks bad. Its like painting on a defective canvas and yes it is better to nuture skin with home made ingredients. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grt dear...its really nice article... keep writing n posting more...wil b looking frwd to read more from u...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and a different blog. Good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice page,we all have heard the stories of your grandmother's home remedies,most of them help me even today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog Poorva, In today's hectic life its very difficult to get time for our self. A women have so many responsibilities at home,office, society and she give least priority to her skin. Its my personal experience. I had too much pressure at home as well as at office. I never get time to take care of my self. After sometime when I got chance to look my face in the mirror I was shocked. My skin was looking very dull,Tann and starting of wrinkles. I felt very bad and lost confidence.
    But luckily I got your blog. Its very motivating. I felt that I still have chance to take care of my skin that too by natural ways.
    Keep Posting. waiting for the next one..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Poorva, How are you doing :) hey we worked in motorola together, i was thinking about you, drop me an email vrachana@gmail.com, hope to hear back from you

    ReplyDelete